Thursday, April 16, 2009

What Just Happened Here?

I'm not sure ...

I was getting my son some Chicken McNuggets at the McD's by his school and the Indian guy was on the register. Nobody was behind me so we chatted for a few minutes. As usual, I was rocking out to some bhangra, Sukshinder Shinda's latest.

He said something about having some music for me, wedding music. I didn't catch all that because the stereo was up too loud. So I turned it down and he was asking if I was thinking of getting married soon, or did I have any friends ... ? I didn't get it right then because it's so far from my reality at the moment, just having finalized my divorce from the kids' dad, but halfway to the grocery store it occurred to me that he was asking if I was looking for a husband, and I think it was a veiled hint that somebody needs a green card.

I'm really not sure. Cultural differences make things like this puzzling at any speed, but marriage is so far off my radar that I just didn't click on what he was asking.

It couldn't have been me ... I must be 15 years older than he is. Not to mention being unable to have any more kids, having HIV, and being an American that doesn't really cook very well. LOL

Next time I see him I'm going to ask him if he's looking for a wife and see what he says. Now I'm curious. Not curious enough to go along with anything like this, but curious. Maybe he has a younger brother and is hoping to fix him up with some American girl. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment