Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Poor Little Guy. Poor Mom.

Cody's still not feeling well. His fever spiked Sunday, but he's still really whiny and won't eat, not even donuts or cheetos, and his sister said he refused ice cream at his dad's yesterday. You know that boy is sick if he won't eat his favorite treats. Poor kid.

Which means unless the tylenol makes him feel better so he wakes up before too long, we're going to miss art class today, which sucks. Especially considering it's right here in my building. And I can't work with the little guy calling me every 93.6 seconds.

Masada will have to wait.

Anyway, I've got this huge love affair going on with India right now. I started reading Indian literature a few years back and have been watching more and more Indian film. Now that I've discovered A.R. Rahman and bhangra I'm listening to Tamil and Punjabi music. I've decided it's time to try to learn some Hindi.

I tried to learn Esperanto through a mail course about 20 years ago and that was a PITA. I love that I can get Hindi lessons via podcast. I have a little kid's primer coming so I can learn to write the alphabet. I'm up to kha -- the second letter of the alphabet. LOL Cheyenne is very interested as well, so I printed out two copies of the worksheet for letter ka and we spent a few minutes this morning doing self-imposed "homework."

Aap se mil ke achcha laga

I am so happy to meet you.

One good thing about living in the Bay Area is that there are tons of people from India and I'm sure if I was to go to Berkeley I'd be able to find someone to laugh politely at my accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment