Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mein Hindi Siikh Rahii Huun

"I am learning to speak Hindi"

We are all sick with this horrible flu now. Nobody wants to eat much of anything, we're all coughing like mad, and I'm running a low-grade fever with sweats. Whee! At least for once the kids and I are all sick at the same time instead of my getting it after they've recovered. So it could be worse.

I let Cheyenne watch a Hindi movie the other day, her first. It was a family filmi called "Bhoothnath." Starring Amitabh Bachchan. It was a really cute movie, very funny, and I was pleased to see that I can make out some of the things that are being said now, even without the subtitles. The thing about Bollywood is, though, that the films are all relatively long and so about 10 p.m. when my voice gave out from translating, I sent her to bed.

I simply just don't have the strength to write more at the moment, so I'm going back to the couch and my heating pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment